10 Things to Consider Before Selling
- Assess your personal financial situation, and what it will look like after a sale.
Discuss purifying your P.C. with your accountant.
- Get an independent valuation and consult with your trusted
advisors on all of your options.
- Develop your working plan for a sale. Will you retire
or associate in the practice? Would you like a partner?
What’s your time frame?
- Review what kind of buyer and/or partner you’re
- Work hard. Purchasers like to see offices that
are growing and producing.
- Review your premises lease. It should have 10
years or more, including options.
- Review office policies and procedures,
accounting and infection control to be in
line with college standards.
- Review equipment and premises for
opportunities to freshen up.
- Review production to optimize
all areas of dentistry
(improve recalls, etc.).
- Review staff situation